A/ Bombs bursting in the North dispersal area.
C/ Bursts on the northern end of the NE / SW runway.
F/ Bursts on flak position - the battery is of light AA character.
G/ Bursts on light flak positions.
H/ Bursts near a heavy flak position.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: No 3 Combat Crew Replacement Center 322nd Bomb Group 452nd Bomb Squadron Headquarters & Headquarters Squadron (No 3 Combat Crew Replacement Center)
- Service Numbers: 18038921 at enlistment, then O-728069
- Highest Rank: Captain
- Role/Job: Instructor (Pilot)
Changed the "Known as" field from Abbeville / Drucat, Alsace to Abbeville / Drucat, Picardie because the airfield is not in Alsace region of France but it was in Picardie.
Source: any map of France
Place added with details from:
- "Battle Colors Volume III - Insignia and Tactical Markings of the Ninth Air Force in World War Two' by Robert A. Watkins;