Middle East Air Force13 July 1942
During 13/14 Jul, B-17’s bomb Tobruk harbor, and B-24’s hit ships and harbor at Bengasi. Heavy AA fire accounts for loss of 1 B-24.
B-24 Liberators attack shipping and the harbor at Benghazi, losing one aircraft to flak.
B-17 Flying Fortresses carry out a night-raid against Tobruk.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: Halverson Detachment
- Service Numbers: 12026078 / 0-789038 / 0-388723
- Highest Rank: First Lieutenant
- Role/Job: Navigator - Bombardier