Malcolm Ross AndersonMilitary
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
Units served with
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: Halverson Detachment 1st Provisional Group
- Service Numbers: O-11444
- Highest Rank: Colonel
- Role/Job: Pilot
- Date: 13 July 1942
- Official Description: During 13/14 Jul, B-17’s bomb Tobruk harbor, and B-24’s hit ships and harbor at Bengasi. Heavy AA fire accounts for loss of 1 B-24.
- Date: 8 July 1942
- Official Description: B-24’s bomb harbor and shipping at Bengasi during 8/9 Jul, while B-17’s hit harbor at Tobruk.
- Date: 2 July 1942
- Official Description: B-17’s and B-24’s bomb Tobruk harbor during 2/3 Jul
- Date: 27 June 1942
- Official Description: B-24’s bomb harbor at Tobruk during 26/27 Jun in effort to disrupt movement of supplies.
- Date: 24 June 1942
- Official Description: B-24’s bomb Bengasi harbor during 23/24 Jun.
|28 October 1917|
|7 October 1941||Place of enlistment New York City, NY.|
|13 July 1942||Shot down on mission over Benghazi, Libya. KIA|
Added ADSM based on entry date.
NARA files verified participation in Air Combat and Egypt-Libya campaign phase for EAME Campaign Medal.
Died before 20 Jul 1942 when Halverson Detachment became 1st Provisional Group.
NARA file verified ASN upon entry and entry date. Officer number used while serving with HALPRO Detachment and with 1st Provisional Group are from General Orders awarding the Silver Star to Lt. Anderson after his death. Correspondence and change to officer number provided in IDPF to family to reflect 0-388723. B-24 was not in aircraft to be selected, but was HALPRO #7 B-24D #41-11600 "Eager Beaver."