James Hodges HardyMilitary
Assigned to 360BS, 303BG, 8AF USAAF. 33 x missions. Aborted mission to Stuttgart in B-17 44-6504; Crashed Braydon Crag, Cheviot Hills 16-Dec-44 returning to base due to failure of Gee and radio compass. Returned to Duty (RTD)
Awards: WWII Victory, EAME.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
Units served with
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 303rd Bomb Group 360th Bomb Squadron
- Service Numbers: 13119430 / O-?
- Highest Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Role/Job: Pilot
- Date: 16 December 1944
- Date: 14 February 1945
- Official Description: Mission 830: 1,377 bombers and 962 fighters are dispatched to hit oil and rail targets in Germany; bombing of most targets is by H2X radar; they claim 11-0-3 Luftwaffe aircraft; 7 bombers and 7 fighters are lost: 1. 461 B-17s are dispatched to hit...
- Date: 20 February 1945
- Date: 24 February 1945
- Date: 17 March 1945
|Snow Hill, Greene County, NC||1924-07-03||Son of Jewell Seymour and Kathleen [Hodges] Hardy.|
|Snow Hill, NC||1971-11-15|
|Snow Hill Cemetery, Snow Hill, NC||1971-11-20||Snow Hill Cemetery Snow Hill, Greene County, NC|
|Molesworth||Assigned to 360BS, 303BG, 8AF USAAF. 33 missions between 11-Dec-44 and 28-Mar-45.|
Survived crash RTD
|Braydon Crag, Cheviot Hills||1944-12-16||Crashed Braydon Crag, Cheviot Hills 16-Dec-44; Returned to Duty (RTD)|
|Fort Bragg, NC||1941-07-10|