'From the control tower at a base in England, these men direct take offs and landings of the 353rd Fighter Group planes.' US Air Force Official photo 68928AC Flight control personnel of the 43rd Station Compliment Squadron, 353rd Fighter Group working inside the tower at Raydon, August 1944. Left to right: Private First Class William Taylor, First Lieutentant Saul Jaffe, Sergeant Lawrence Rogers, First Lieutenant Karl Ulrey and Corporal Rics.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 353rd Fighter Group 55th Fighter Group 43rd Station Complement Squadron 59th Station Complement Squadron
- Service Numbers: O-2044823
- Highest Rank: First Lieutenant
- Role/Job: Flying control officer