Colonel John B. Henry, of the 339th Fighter Group, stands beside P-51 Mustang (6N-A, serial number 42-106676), known as "San Antone Rose" after Henry's home town of San Antonio, Texas. He is probably at Fowlmere air base, near Duxford, where the 339th Fighter Group were based between 5 April 1944 and 10 October 1945.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 45th Combat Bomb Wing 339th Fighter Group Headquarters (339th Fighter Group)
- Service Numbers: O-24107
- Highest Rank: Colonel
- Role/Job: Fighter Pilot
- Aircraft Type: P-51 Mustang
- Nicknames: San Antone Rose
- Unit: 339th Fighter Group 505th Fighter Squadron