"Major James Mcpartlin, pilot, is initiated by a dunking in a trailer filled with water. England." Major James H McPartlin gets a post-mission dunking at Bassingbourn. McPartlin was a long-time member of the 91st Bomb Group (since the spring of 1943), serving as commander of the 401st Bomb Sq 25 April - 1 July 1944
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 91st Bomb Group 401st Bomb Squadron
- Service Numbers: A0438109
- Highest Rank: Brigadier General
- Role/Job: Squadron Commander