Jimmy Stewart in the cockpit of what looks like a Piper Cub. Prior to enlisting in the AAF Stewart earned his private and commercial pilots licenses during the 1930s.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 2nd Combat Bomb Wing 445th Bomb Group 453rd Bomb Group 703rd Bomb Squadron
- Service Numbers: O-433210
- Highest Rank: Brigadier General
- Role/Job: Aircraft Commander; Operations Officer; Chief of Staff