Part of an article in the Chicago Tribune reporting on the group "American Ex Prisoners of War", who had evidence that the crew of the Damfino (Four Eyes) survived the crash during Tidal Wave, were taken by the Germans and later turned over to the Russians. I also have access to a photo that purports to show Gene O'Mara (my Uncle) taken in some type of rehabilitation camp near the end of the war.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 98th Bomb Group 344th Bomb Squadron
- Service Numbers: 11039846
- Highest Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Role/Job: Gunner
- Site type: USAAF heritage site
- Known as: 389th Bomb Group Museum