Robert Brown's POW card at the Buchenwald concentration camp, where he and others arrived on the 20 August 1944 convoy from Paris. Buchenwald was administered by the Gestapo and after the discovery of this breach of the Geneva Convention, Reichsmarschall Hermann Goering, head of the Luftwaffe, ordered the airmen to be put in a camp for Prisoners of War. Robert Brown and the others left Buchenwald on 19 October 1944.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 384th Bomb Group 544th Bomb Squadron
- Service Numbers: O-521326
- Highest Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Role/Job: Pilot, Co-Pilot
Date: 19 May 2016 14:52:46
Connected to Media (Buchenwald camp POW card)