The Schrank family house on the right is the original house Edward Appel had visited on April 18, 1945. He knocked on the small window to the left of the door. The family then lived in this part of the building.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 389th Bomb Group 445th Bomb Group 56th Fighter Group 62nd Fighter Squadron Headquarters (93rd Bomb Group)
- Service Numbers: 19018109 / O-745854
- Highest Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
- Role/Job: Co-Pilot, Bomber Pilot, Fighter Pilot