Skip to main content
Edit entry 

No 12 Combat Crew Replacement Center

Unit

Established as a provisional unit at Cheddington on 27 August 1942 and equipped with some B-17F Flying Fortresses transferred from the 92nd Bomb Group. Did not become active until June 1943.

While intended to be the primary unit for training B-24 Liberator crews, No 12 CCRC often found its self in competition with the Provisional Training Center of the 2nd Bomb Wing at Hethel and Hardwick, which also provided B-24 Liberator crew training until December 1943.

On 20 August 1943 the unit was reorganised and provisionally titled the 2901st Combat Crew Replacement Center Group (Provisional).

Redesignated No 2 Combat Crew Replacement Center on 15 November 1943

Structure

Part of
  • VIII Bomber Command

    VIII Bomber Command

    Command
    VIII Bomber Command was constituted and activated in 1942. It oversaw heavy bombardment operations until February 1944, when it was redesginated as the 8th Air Force.

Encompassing
Not yet known
Previously was
Not yet known
Became

Stations

Station Location Date
Established Cheddington 27 August 1942

Citations

None

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
02 December 2019 14:36:38 Emily Created entry with type, category, name, nicknames, description, air forces, aircraft types, unit encompassing associations, unit became association and stations
Sources

Freeman, Mighty Eighth War Manual, pp 118-125

Share