- Please encourage the involvement of different users.
- Think about how you’re coming across to other users, especially those who are new to the subject matter.
- Don’t overwrite others contributions – add your information to theirs instead unless it’s changing facts.
Cite your sources
- Write up your sources in a way that makes it easier for the next person to find where you got the information from.
- Make it clear which bit of information you’ve added relates to which source.
- It’s good to add links to online sources, but also describe them in case the website they link to is taken down.
Be clear and considerate
- Make each page as easy to read through as possible by using paragraph breaks and sentence case.
- If you add biographical material, try to do it bearing in mind that lots of people aren’t familiar with military abbreviations.
- Be considerate about where you're adding information, try to put it in the place it fits best.
Share and attribute
- Don’t plagiarise other people’s work! Share and attribute.
Terms & Conditions
For further information about site behaviour and use, please check out Terms & Conditions.