IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Aerial photograph of Glatton airfield looking north, Rose Court Farm is in the centre of the airfield, the fuel store is top right, 16 October 1945. Photograph taken by No. 541 Squadron, sortie number RAF/106G/UK/928. English Heritage (RAF Photography).
Military site : airfield
Glatton, which lay mostly in the parish of Conington, was built by the 809th Engineer Battalion (Aviation) of the U.S. Army in the last months of 1942. Unusually, the base's three runways surrounded Rose Court Farm, which remained a working farm...