See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
Oatlands Hill was located some 7 miles north of Salisbury. It was developed as a satellite for Army-Cooperation units of the RAF based around Salisbury Plain.
In late May 1944, a detachment of the 47th Liaison Squadron, USAAF arrived as lodgers. They had six L-5s for courier and communications duties supporting the HQ, Southern Base section. To speed up priority mail a P-47 was later added.
The Squadron departed late in July 1944