William Kelly Charles CollonanMilitary ROLL OF HONOUR
Observor P-38 'Droop Snoot' 44-23162, flew recon of Mortain area, due to overcast reduced altitude and A/C was hit by flak in starboard engine, pilot 1st Lt Dean R Burns lost control and both baled out. 2 x MIA/FOD. MACR 7862.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 370th Fighter Group 405th Fighter Group 402nd Fighter Squadron 511th Fighter Squadron
- Service Numbers: 19074204 / O-674032
- Highest Rank: First Lieutenant
- Role/Job: Pilot
- Aircraft Type: P-38 Lightning
- Unit: Base Air Depot 3 370th Fighter Group 402nd Fighter Squadron
|50140 Mortain, France||9 August 1944||Flew recon of Mortain area, due to overcast reduced altitude and A/C was hit by flak in starboard engine, pilot 1st Lt Dean R Burns lost control and both baled out. 2 x MIA/FOD. MACR 7862.|
|Sacramento County, CA, USA|
|San Mateo County, CA, USA||Golden Gate National Cemetery San Bruno, San Mateo County California, USA.|
ChangesCreated entry with surname, middlename, firstname, nickname, nationality, service number, highest rank, role, biography, events, person associations and aircraft associations