John L HahnMilitary
Assigned to 600BS, 398BG, 8AF USAAF. Derben mission 8-Apr-45 in B-17 44-8811 hit in tail by direct flak hit, skills of both pilots required to return the A/C to base for crash landing, directional control was by control of engines only.
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
Units served with
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 398th Bomb Group 600th Bomb Squadron Headquarters (398th Bomb Group)
- Service Numbers: O-437440
- Highest Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
- Role/Job: Pilot, Squadron Commander, Group Operations Officer
|Nuthampstead||Assigned to 600BS, 398BG, 8AF USAAF.|