30417 April 1944
Description: V-1 MISSILE SITES
Notes: 2nd Bomb Division was made up of 93rd Bomb Group, 467th Bomb Group. This was an experimental mission using 5 PATHFINDER (PFF) aircraft.
- Unit Hierarchy: Division
- Air Force: Eighth Air Force
- Type Category: Combat organisation
- Tonnage Dropped: 51 T HE
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 446th Bomb Group 93rd Bomb Group
- Service Numbers: O-434690
- Highest Rank: Captain
- Role/Job: Pilot / Operations Officer
Lee Cunningham, 8th Air Force missions research database / Stan Bishop's 'Losses of the US 8th and 9th Air Forces', the Combat Chronology of the US Army Air Forces and the work of Roger Freeman including the 'Mighty Eighth War Diary'.