The pub sign at the Half Butt Inn, Great Horkesley, near Wormingford, 8 July 1945. Image by Robert Sand, 55th Fighter Group. Written on slide casing: 'Great Horkesley, 8/7/45, Within 2 or 3 miles of Wormingford?' Caption from Sand's file - slide 3-38 "Half Butt Inn"
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 55th Fighter Group 38th Fighter Squadron
- Service Numbers: 39171056
- Highest Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Role/Job: Airplane Propeller Specialist
- Site type: Airfield
- Known as: Bures / RAF Wormingford / RFC Wormingford / USAAF Station 159 / Wormingford Landing Ground
Date: 5 Nov 2022 07:39:47
Contributorgeneral ira snapsorter
Addition of caption from Sand's file.
Date: 2 Feb 2015 10:00:17
IWM, Roger Freeman Collection