Technical Sergeant Edward Fee of the 91st Bomb Group enjoys a cup of coffee surrounded by his comrades at Bassingbourn after his final mission. Printed caption on reverse of print: 'A-27150 AC - HQ 8th AAF Photo Section, 20 Dec 1943. Ovation on Return. Congratulated on the completion of his tour of "Ops", T/Sgt. Edward Fee (holding cup), 30, of Charlestown, Mass., is surrounded by flying mates as he awaits interrogation. T/Sgt. Fee, holder of Air Medal and slated for the DFC, is aerial engineer of Fortress "Black Swan", and was a longshoreman in civilian life. His final operational mission on December 22nd took him over northwest Germany. Photo shows him enjoying coffee a few minutes after landing. U.S. Air Force Photo.'
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.
- Unit Hierarchy: Group
- Air Force: Eighth Air Force
- Type Category: Bombardment
- Military/Civilian/Mascot: Military
- Nationality: American
- Unit: 384th Bomb Group 91st Bomb Group The Ragged Irregulars 545th Bomb Squadron
- Service Numbers: 31089387
- Highest Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Role/Job: Aarmament Instructor