Buildings at Duxford airfield, home of the 78th Fighter Group, during the Second World War. The building in the left of the photograph is designated “E.W.S.”. This was the Emergency Water Store – which contained 100,000 gallons of water. Handwritten on slide:"Duxford 1945 camp Mason Barnard"
See how this entry relates to other items in the archive by exploring the connections below.