Skip to main content
Edit entry 

Chedworth

Military site : airfield

Chedworth was built as a satellite for RAF Aston Down in 1941-42, and was home to several USAAF lodger units in 1944. After the Second World War it was used as a Royal Navy storage depot, an RAF Landing Ground 1960s-70s, and was home to a civil gliding club in the 1960s-70s. It has since mostly been returned to agriculture.

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
27 September 2014 18:02:16 AAM AAM ingest
Sources

Barry Anderson, Army Air Forces Stations (Alabama, 1985) / Chris Ashworth, Action Stations 5: Military Airfields of the South-West (Cambridge, 1982)

Share