Skip to main content
Edit entry 

Woolfox Lodge

Military site : airfield

This Second World War airfield was opened in 1940 and used by RAF Bomber Command; the USAAF used the airfield for a short period in 1944. Post-war it was a Bloodhound Missile site, closing in 1964 to be returned to agricultural use.

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
27 September 2014 18:02:18 AAM AAM ingest
Sources

Barry Anderson, Army Air Forces Stations (Alabama, 1985) / http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1411935&sort=4&search=all&cr... Lodge&rational=q&recordsperpage=10

Share