Skip to main content
Edit entry 

Rudloe Manor

Military site : non-airfield

It was the manor house which was was probably used as Headquarters Ninth Tactical Command. Bath Stone was quarried from here leaving a vast set of underground caverns which were used by the military since the 1930s. Located next to RAF Box (No. 10 Group RAF Headquarters, 1940-1945) which became RAF Rudloe Manor and served as a communications and early warning centre up to the 1980s. Closed in 2000 it was disused for some years and has now been sold for re-development.

Detailed history

Not yet known

English Heritage's record description

Not yet known

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
27 September 2014 18:02:18 AAM AAM ingest
Sources

Barry Anderson, Army Air Forces Stations (Alabama, 1985) / John F Hamlin, Support and Strike!: A Concise History of the U.S. Ninth Air Force in Europe (Peterborough, 1991).

Share