Philipps House and Dinton Park was the headquarters of 4 Base Air Depot, with a camp in the surrounding parkland. There was a storage facility next to the railway.
The Wyndham family had lived on the site since at least 1689. Dinton house was replaced by Philipps (sp) House (designed by Sir Jeffry Wyatville), built 1814-1817.
House and park currently owned by National Trust and open to public.