The site is to the south of Poynton village, adjacent to Woodford Aerodrome.
Currently the Adlington Industrial Estate.
Designated the 689th Quartermaster Company Aviation (LM) on 22 April 1942 with a strength of 50 enlisted men under the command of Lieutenant William Fairbank. Having already been alerted for overseas shipment, the unit sailed aboard the SS Cathay to...
|27 September 2014 18:02:18||AAM||AAM ingest|
Barry Anderson, Army Air Forces Stations (Alabama, 1985) / http://www.localwebring.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1501