Skip to main content
Edit entry 

St Andrew, Quidenham

Other location

Detailed history

This church contains a stained glass window an memorial chapel, dedicated on 17 November 1944. The Bishop of Norwich officiated. A service of remembrance for all the men of the 8th Air Force killed in WWII was held in the church on 30 May 1946. The service was broadcast to the USA, with Richard Dimbleby describing the ceremonies.

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
09 April 2015 16:18:48 usxpat Created entry with name, latitude, longitude, history and media associations
Sources

http://eastangliamemorials.blogspot.co.uk/
The Air War in East Anglia, Martin W Bowman, p126

Share