Home to a Quartermaster unit. There was a rail junction nearby (one line is now dismantled).
Exact location unknown - probably to the north of Egginton Road which runs west out of Hilton.
1943 inspection report records that 564 was 'popularly known as Hilton' and that 'this camp was located within a large warehousing and supply station'. The Officers conducting the inspection also referred to their journey as 'going to Sudbury'.
Not yet known
Military | Colonel
Military | Colonel | Wing Commander
Wing Commander, 8th Air Force Combat Support Wing. Colonel Grubb conducted an inspection tour of 8th AF Combat Support Wing Installations commencing 1st Nov. 1943. At Col. Grubb's request he was accompanied by Colonel Ganoe. They were also...
|26 March 2015 22:29:13||Redmist||Changes to known as and history|
Nov 1943 report on Inspection of Supply Command Installations of 8th AF, made by Wing Co., Colonel Grubb.
|27 September 2014 18:02:16||AAM||AAM ingest|
Barry Anderson, Army Air Forces Stations (Alabama, 1985) / http://www.francisfrith.com/egginton/