Skip to main content
Edit entry 

Culmhead

Military site : airfield

An RAF fighter airfield from 1941 to 1943, Churchstanton's name was changed to Culmhead to avoid confusion with RAF Church Fenton. The base was allocated to the Ninth Air Force in 1943 but not used. It was closed in 1946 but used as Composite Signals Organisation Station during the Cold War.

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
27 September 2014 18:02:16 AAM AAM ingest
Sources

Barry Anderson, Army Air Forces Stations (Alabama, 1985) / http://www.southwestairfields.co.uk/?page_id=39

Share