Skip to main content
Edit entry 

Cuddington

Military site : non-airfield

The village of Cuddington has its own railway station which was why nearby Delamere Park (once part of the Wilbraham family estate) was turned into a transit area for British and American troops prior to the D-Day landings of 6 June 1944. At the war's end the Park was used as accommodation for Polish servicemen and their families under the Polish Resettlement Act.

It is not entirely clear whether Cuddington and Delamere Park are one and the same, but it seems likely.

Detailed history

Not yet known

English Heritage's record description

Not yet known

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
27 September 2014 18:02:16 AAM AAM ingest
Sources

Barry Anderson, Army Air Forces Stations (Alabama, 1985) / http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delamere_Park

Share