Not yet known
The Combined Bomber Offensive (CBO) plan for round-the-clock bombing of the enemy from the UK by the RAF and 8AF is approved by the Combined Chiefs of Staff (CCS) meeting in London, UK. The 8AF now has the authorization to proceed with daylight strategic bombing withtin the type of combined offensive it has long wished to initiate. The CBO plan lists the priority objectives as:
(1) Destruction of German fighters at the immediate priority objective. This has replaced German submarine yards;
(2) German submarine yards and bases;
(3) the Germany aircraft industry;
(4) Ball bearing plants;
(5) Oil production (natural and synthethic). The last is contingent upon attacks from North Africa against the plants at Ploesti, Romania.
Secondary objectives are:
(1) Sythetic rubber plants, tire manufacturing and military motor transport vehicles.
Military | Colonel | Pilot & Co-Pilot | 306th Bomb Group The Reich Wreckers
He was the 32nd officer to complete a 25 mission tour. Joined group in 15 January 1943. He flew 13 missions as C. Dale Briscoe's Co-pilot and then received his own crew in May 1943. He flew the JERAVAD "Un Petite Peu." His last mission was on 28...