IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Aerial photograph of Warmwell airfield looking south, the control tower is on the road running horizontally, 17 April 1947. Photograph taken by No. 82 Squadron, sortie number RAF/CPE/UK/2018. English Heritage (RAF Photography).
Military site : airfield
Originally named Woodsford, the station opened as a grass airfield Armament Practice Camp in 1937. Subject to a change of name in 1938, to avoid confusion with the Avro factory airfield of Woodford, RAF Warmwell was used as a training, fighter and ASR...