IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Aerial photograph of the east end of Fersfield (Winfarthing) airfield, looking north, the technical site- with T2 hangar- is bottom left, 29 August 1946. Photograph taken by No. 541 Squadron, sortie number RAF/106G/UK/1707. English Heritage (RAF Photography).
Military site : airfield
Originally named Winfarthing when the site was allocated to the Eighth Air Force in 1942, it was renamed Fersfield when built for the Eighth Air Force 1943-44. USAAF and US Navy projects 'Aphrodite' 'Batty' and 'Anvil' (attempts to develop and use...