The 'semiofficial' insignia of the 44th Bomb Group. The Pelican was the 67th BS. The 67th was the only one of the 44th to have two squadron patches, it was worn on the right side while the eight ball on the left.
IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
The 'semiofficial' insignia of the 44th Bomb Group.
The 44th Bombardment Group (Heavy) was activated 15-January-1942 at McDill Field, Florida and equipped with B-24Cs. The Group moved to Barksdale Field, Louisiana and acted as a training unit for the 90th 93rd and 98th Bomb Groups and flew anti...