Skip to main content

Detail of the memorial commemorating the water tower used by Glatton airfield, station 130. This monument is on the site of the principal memorial to the 457th BG(H), on a road junction near the village of Conington. The water tower is directly behind this site.

Connections

Units

Locations

  • Glatton

    Military site : airfield
    Glatton, which lay mostly in the parish of Conington, was built by the 809th Engineer Battalion (Aviation) of the U.S. Army in the last months of 1942. Unusually, the base's three runways surrounded Rose Court Farm, which remained a working farm...

Revisions

Date Contributor Update
23 February 2018 20:59:58 Rob in Norwich Created entry with collection, caption, unit associations and place associations
Sources

Rob Edwards original photo, taken January 2018. This replace UPL31818 which was incorrectly oriented.

Share