IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
Buildings at Duxford airfield, home of the 78th Fighter Group, during the Second World War. The building in the left of the photograph is designated “E.W.S.”. This was the Emergency Water Store – which contained 100,000 gallons of water. Handwritten on slide:"Duxford 1945 camp Mason Barnard"
The 78th Fighter Group was initially based at Goxhill but moved to Duxford in April 1943 and stayed there until October 1945. The 78th FG flew each of the three US built principal fighters of the AAF in the ETO. In their Thundetbolts, the 78th FG ...
Military | Staff Sergeant
Military site : airfield
RAF Duxford, now a museum and still a working airfield, was operated by the USAAF from 1943 to 1945. The base was briefly the home of the 350th Fighter Group in late 1942, but it was not until April 1943 that it became a fully American station when the...