Personnel of No.121 (Eagle) Squadron look on as three Spitfire Vbs come in to land at RAF Rochford in Essex, after a fighter sweep over northern France during August 1942. Some of the accommodation used by the Squadron is visible in the background, as are several civilian houses. Also visible are two Royal Air Force vehicles.
IWM Photo - D 9509
'On 14 May 1941, No. 121 was reformed at Kirton-in-Lindsey as the second 'Eagle' Squadron to be manned by American volunteers. Equipped with Hurricanes, it began defensive patrols in October but in November it converted to Spitfires. It moved to North...
Military site : non-airfield