IWM catalogue record
This contains information written on the back of the original print and some of it may be inaccurate.
A B-17 Flying Fortress (serial number 44-85784), currently known as "Sally B", used for training purposes following the end of the Second World War and painted in the colours of the 457th Bomb Group in the 1970s. Printed caption on reverse: 'B-17E Euroworld Woodbridge 7/8/76.'
The 457th Bomb Group began combat operations during the Big Week of 20-25 February when American bombers carried out concentrated raids against German aircraft bases, factories and assembly plants. The air crews' targets on that first mission were...
B-17 Flying Fortress
Delivered Burbank 19/6/45; Rome 13/7/45; Reconstruction Finance Corporation (sold for scrap metal in USA) Altus 5/11/45; designated EB-17G, then ETB-17G and used for man-carrying wing tip pod tests 1949; sold IGN France as F-BGSR 31/10/54; sold to Ted...